Wednesday, June 4, 2014

For The Entrepreneurial Mom-To-Be

Pregnancy Diary Vol. I: Baby on the Way!

Pregnancy Diary Vol. I: Baby on the Way!
It's hard to believe that I'm already 14 weeks pregnant! Now that I'm officially in my second trimester and my energy has boomeranged back, I no longer feel the urge to crawl beneath my desk every afternoon to nap. And I can stay up past 8:00 p.m! 

By some stroke of luck, I've managed to escape morning sickness. Sure, I had a couple of queasy moments, but I sipped lemonade and downed potato chips -- my friend Wendy's remedy -- and it worked. 

Is there really a baby growing in my belly? This all feels so surreal. I think I haven't fully absorbed this baby thing because I've been distracted by our new house. (Yikes! -- am I qualified to be a parent if I'm referring to my unborn child as "this baby thing"?) We found out we were new homeowners on THE SAME DAY we discovered I was pregnant. The realtor called in the afternoon to say that the bid we had put in on a house in the 'burbs was accepted, and then that night I took a pregnancy test. Dave was away on business, and I was doing it just for kicks. I'd only been off the Pill for a couple of months and somehow, we figured it would take at least six months to conceive. That's been the story for most of my friends. 


Read more: Pregnancy Diary Vol. I: Baby on the Way! http://www.yourbabytoday.com/thebabycoordinator/features/pdiary1/index.html#ixzz33jRxbc4l

No comments:

Post a Comment