Monday, May 14, 2012

Children's Story Books

Recently I was browsing through a few blogs and came across this beautiful English cottage.  Amazingly, its the home of Enid Blyton, a British children's writer.  I couldn't help but remember living in England and reading my first childhood storybook.

I remember reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.  A classic, introduced to me by my grandmother Joyce.  I am sure you have a strong allegiance to a particular childhood story book.  Have you introduced your child to the joys of reading story books, especially before bedtime? 

 Enid Blyton's former house "Old Thatch" near Bourne End, Buckinghamshire England

Here is a partial list of classic children's story books:

BlackBeautyCoverFirstEd1877.jpeg NationalVelvet.jpgCover of a 1911 publication of The Secret GardenCoverAreYouThereGod.jpgWrinkleInTimePBA1.jpgCharlie and the Chocolate Factory (book cover).jpgHuckleberry-finn-with-rabbit.jpgComplete set of the seven books of the Harry Potter series.


There are lots of other works of fiction, from picture books to pre-teen classics, that children will enjoy. Here are a few of my selections.  Are any of these your favorites.  Do you have a favorite childhood storybook?  What is your child's favorite story book.

Share your thoughts on twitter or in the comments section below.

Roselle

No comments:

Post a Comment